An exceptional 7 bedroom village house located in the heart of the famous village of Eygalières.
Provence/France Villa 12
Located above the delightful village of Eygalières, this original sixteenth century silk worm farm has been beautifully restored and transformed into a superb family home.
This old farmhouse, completely renovated counts 7,980 sq ft of living space on 3 floors with 8 bedrooms on the first and second floors. There are four living areas with vaulted ceilings, including: a billiard room, a Moroccan-style library located in what was once the chapel, a large living room with sofas and glass window doors opening onto the outside. The library has a fireplace, TV, telephone, and fax machine. Then, is the well equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and washing machine.
On the first floor, there are 5 double bedrooms: 3 are with en-suite bathrooms and 2 share a full bathroom. On the second floor, there are 2 double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, and an office (additional double bedroom) using the bathroom in the hallway.
The grounds encompass a large garden 10,000 sq ft and courtyard. The garden is equipped with garden furniture and a BBQ. Indeed, there is a wonderful outdoor dining area with a large turbo gas BBQ, a large stone table (seating up to 22 persons) with black wrought iron chairs - all located under the shade of 2 large trees. The swimming pool has been fashioned out of the rocky landscape and includes a fountain. The pool is accessed through a gate.
Minimum Stay: 1 Week. 2 Weeks during high season (July & August)
7 Bedrooms/7 Bathrooms
- Baby equipment
- Fenced outside area
- HIFI music player
- Satellite TV
- Town city
- Washing machine
- Bedroom 1: King size bed (180 cm), and en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed (160 cm), and en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed (160 cm), and en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 4: Small double bed (140 cm), sharing a full bathroom with bedroom 5
- Bedroom 5: Small double bed (140 cm), sharing a full bathroom with bedroom 4
- Bedroom 6: Queen size bed (160 cm), and en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 7: Queen size bed (160 cm), and en-suite bathroom
- Office - Additional bedroom: Queen size bed (160 cm), and bathroom in the hallway
- Hair dryer in each bathroom, as well as US / UK adapters for electrical outlets.
- The swimming pool (13m x 5m; depth 2.2m) has been fashioned out of the rocky landscape and includes a fountain and the access is protected with a gate for safety.
STAFF AND SERVICES
- Maid service included, 5 days a week, 3 hours a day
- Meet and greet at the house and point of contact for inquiries during stay
- Full welcome basket with food and wine
- Fresh flowers on arrival
- Final cleaning
- Local guardian
STAFF AND SERVICES (AT ADDITIONAL COST)
- Chef at home
- It is within walking distance of local amenities and within 20 miles of Avignon
- St. Remy de Provence (6 miles) is also nearby
- Pets allowed
- Maximum number of people allowed in the villa is 14
- In the low season the first load of wood for the fire is included
- In the mid and high season the first load of wood for the pizza oven is included
Why we chose this villa for our portfolio-Lovely luxury property located in the heart of the famous village of Eygalières.
- Property Type
- Special Selection
- Deluxe World Class Property
- Outdoor pool
- Within walking distance of a village
Recommended Local Restaurants
- Le Bistro d’Eygalières Rue de la Républic, Eygalières phone: +33 4 90 90 60 34 - Be welcomed by Suzy and the cooking of a former chef of Michelin starred restaurants. The seasonal ingredients pay homage to Provence. Expensive.
- Sous les Micocouliers Traverse Montfort, Eygalières phone: +33 4 90 95 94 53 - Enjoy great food on the shaded terrace. Moderately priced.
Within 10 minute drive
- La Maison Jaune-12 BOULEVARD MIRABEAU, 13210 Saint-Rémy-de-Provence Tel 04 90 92 56 14 Fanny Rey, 2011 finalist of France's 'Top Chef' TV programme, runs the show here with her husband, Jonathan (a trained pastry chef). She concocts tasty market-based food, showing off the ingredients of the Alpilles. It can be tasted on the terrace, or in winter, near the crackling fireplace. Moderate prices
- L'Aile ou la Cuisse-5 rue de la Commune Saint-Rémy-de-Provence Tel. 04 32 62 00 25 http://restaurantlaileoulacuisse.com/contact-reservations/ moderately priced.
With a 20 minute drive
- Prevot “La Maison du Melon” -353 Ave. de Verdun, Cavaillon Phone +33 4 90 71 32 43 Here, melon is king. From May to September a special menu celebrates the “melon festival.” Lunchtime here is a bargain, otherwise the menu in the evening is pricey.
- Un Bouchon en Provence-2 Avenue Henri Barbusse, 13630 Eyragues Tel +33 4 90 90 00 97 www.unbouchonenprovence.com A typical “bouchon” style restaurant (small eateries found in Lyon, France) the restaurant has a warm, friendly atmosphere and the prices are reasonable. Check the website for hours, as they change by the season.
- Le Pre Gourmand-175 Ave Marx Dormoy 13630 Eyragues Tel +33 4 90 94 52 64 www.restaurant-lepregourmand.com A contemporary gastronomic restaurant showcasing local and seasonal ingredients. The menu (a complete meal) starts at €50
Within a 30 minute drive
- L'Oustau de Baumaniere-13520 Les Baux De Provence Tel. T. :+33(0)4 90 54 33 07 www.oustaudebaumaniere.com/en/gastronomy-provence The majesty of this Michelin Two Star 16C bastide doesn't obscure the brilliance of the cooking. The chef concocts cuisine of Provençal inspiration with bold flavours, such as bluefin tuna tataki or a thick fillet of sea bass cooked on the skin. We have had some wonderful lamb dishes here over the years. To be enjoyed, in summer, on the superb shady terrace, facing the Alpilles. Very Expensive
- La Cabro d'Or-13520 Les Baux-de-Provence Tel. 04 90 54 33 21 www.oustaudebaumaniere.com/en/gastronomy/gourmet-restaurant-provence-cabro-d-or This restaurant is in a superb location with a lime tree-shaded terrace offering peerless views over the peaks that make this region famous. As does its olive oil, used to great effect in the cuisine here - an ode to the flavours of Provence. Moderate prices
- Hostellerie de la Reine Jeanne-13520 Les Baux de Provence(entrance gate to the old village) Tel 04.90.54.32.06 www.la-reinejeanne.com/restaurant-reine-jeanne-anglais.htm
- La Riboto de Taven-13520 Les Baux de Provence Tel +33 (0)4 90 54 34 23 On the edge of the village, this old country manor stands amid a riot of colorful flowers. In the antique-furnished dining room Jean-Pierre Novi's light, personal cuisine elicits plenty of enthusiasm. Good house-made bread, charming welcome, excellent regional wines. Moderate
Available for rental for most of the year
Prices include all taxes, agency fees, foreign exchange fees, and credit card fees.
Jan 20 - Feb 24 $17,402 Weekly
Feb 24 - Apr 14 $23,121 Weekly
Apr 14 - Apr 21 $30,660 Weekly
Apr 21 - Jun 02 $23,121 Weekly
Jun 02 - Sep 29 $30,660 Weekly
Sep 29 - Dec 15 $23,121 Weekly
Dec 15 - Jan 05 $30,660 Weekly
There are no reviews at this time.
Leis Aupilhas Availability Request
To request information about the availability of this property, please enter your travel dates and provide your email!