A luxurious 5 bedroom Tuscan countryside retreat, immersed in the idyllic heart of Chianti.
Tuscany-Chianti Villa 10
Casa Cotto is the epitome of a luxurious Tuscan countryside retreat. It is immersed in the most idyllic heart of Chianti: surrounded by vineyards that produce the world-renowned red wine, olive groves and the borgo of Castagnoli in the distance with its medieval walls, stone houses and cotto roof tiles.
Built in 1788, Casa Cotto has been recently renovated and refurbished to offer the highest comfort yet staying true to its Tuscan nature. The interior showcases the best one might expect from a country retreat: simple yet luxurious furniture, Tuscan antiques and custom-made wrought iron and upholstered pieces. The house has a fully equipped modern kitchen and air-conditioning has been added to all the bedrooms. The layout of the villa is perfect for families travelling together or for multiple couples vacationing together. The Main House has four bedrooms and the adjacent guest suite, "the Porcilaia", contains a fifth bedroom along with a lovely private living room and bath. All five bedrooms offer privacy and there are various sitting areas in which to retreat, while the common areas can comfortably accommodate big get-togethers. There is even a separate small barn with Ping Pong and Foozball tables for more family fun. The spectacular private pool is built into one of the property's ancient terraces, with a stunning 5-meter tall stone wall that borders the pool on one side and a submerged black slate walkway on the other side that extends from one end of the pool to the other and captures the warmth of the sun to serve as a natural heater. The pool area has a generous deck at the shallow end with lounge chairs and an extra-large sun umbrella. The pool is discretely located a short distance from the main house so not to disturb those seeking relaxation and peace. The property offers beautiful gardens with quintessential Chianti views over vineyards and rolling Tuscan hills. There are several lovely outdoor sitting and dining areas, loggias, terraces and lookouts scattered all around the grounds, carefully selected to take advantage of the incredible views.
5 BEDROOMS / 5.5 BATHROOMS
FEATUERS & AMENITIES -
- Simple welcome dinner.
- Welcome pantry of essentials.
- Maid service, 3 hours per day/ 5 days per week.
- Wireless broadband internet. Please be advised that due to the rural location of the property the internet service occasionally may be intermittent and at an inferior speed than what you are used to. Therefore, while best efforts will be made to have this service available, internet service cannot be guaranteed.
- Cost of water, gas and a 330Kwh electricity allowance. Additional Kwh used will be charged at EUR 0.80 per Kwh.
- Final cleaning.
- Air Conditioning (Partial)
- Dining Area (Outdoor)
- DVD Player
- Fans Available
- Library (CD's/DVD's)
- Mosquito Nets/Fly Screens
- Swimming Pool (Private)
- TV (Cable/Satellite)
- Washing Machine & Dryer
- Property Type
- Outdoor pool
- Within walking distance of a village
- Dining room for up to 12 with cotto floors and beamed ceilings.
- Fully equipped kitchen.
- Living / TV room with large screen satellite HDTV and DVD player.
- Library with sofa, desk and well-stocked bookcase.
- Covered loggia at entry with dining table for 10. Accessible directly from all ground floor rooms.
- Second outside dining area with travertine table for 10 under wisteria arbor directly outside kitchen and dining room, adjacent to formal garden with stunning views of gardens and countryside.
- Guest bathroom with shower.
-Living room with large working fireplace. -Twin bedroom with full size 120cm-wide beds. -Master bedroom with adjacent bathroom (tub and shower attachment). -Twin bedroom with full size 120cm-wide beds and adjacent mosaic tile bathroom (shower with bench) shared with other Twin bedroom. -A lovely open air loggia with wide arcades, a large window seat, and stunning views over the Chianti countryside and nearby town. Windows put in place for the cooler months so loggia can be used year round.
-Steps lead up to King bedroom. -En-suite Bathroom (shower).
-Guest House - "La Porcilaia": Sitting room with large fireplace, Bathroom (shower with bench), King bedroom, Separate well-equipped laundry room with Miele washer and dryer off exterior courtyard. -The Barn - "Il Fienile": Games room with ping pong and Foosball tables, Guest bathroom.
- Large poolside lounge area with sun beds and large 3 x 4 meter sun umbrella.
- Upper Terrace with stunning views over the Tuscan countryside furnished with beautiful outdoor teak sofas and chairs providing seating for 10, plus a large 3.5 x 3.5 meter umbrella.
- Formal garden.
- High-end outdoor gas grill.
- Plus two outdoor dining areas mentioned above.
-Nearest restaurants in Castagnoli 2km -Nearest shops in Gaiole in Chianti 6km -Radda in Chianti 17km, Volpaia 22km, Castellina in Chianti 28km, Siena 30km, Monteriggioni 48km, San Gimignano 56km, Florence 66km -Wineries: Castello di Brolio 12km, Badia a Coltibuono 15km, Fonterutoli 33km -Nearest airport, Florence 90km
55% of Total Rental Cost
Most of the Year
-Villas are normally rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis throughout the year, however shorter breaks and alternative arrival days are available at some villas during low and mid seasons. -Please note that the standard check-in time at our properties is between 4-7pm and that we ask guests to vacate the property by 10am on departure day, unless otherwise agreed in advance. -The road to the villa is unpaved with some bumpy and steep uphill parts. We strongly suggest a 4WD vehicle. -This is a strictly 'No Smoking' property. If there is any evidence of smoking on the premises at anytime during the rental, the security deposit will be forfeited. -There are some unprotected drops/slopes around the property which make this property unsuitable for young children. Children under the age of 4 are therefore not accepted. -Extras are payable locally in cash euro only. Cheques and credit cards are not accepted.
Prices include all taxes, agency fees, foreign exchange fees, and credit card fees.
2020/2021 Prices: From $5,500 per Week
There are no reviews at this time.
Casa Cotto Availability Request
To request information about the availability of this property, please enter your travel dates and provide your email!